Happy Holidays from SnapEngage! We hope that you had some well-deserved time off with family and friends.
- Removed the “agent” nickname that sometimes displays to the visitor when they are first being connected to an agent. The “agent” nickname will no longer appear in the chatbox, it will now just show the agent-typing animation.
- Fixed a bug during file exchange. Previously when an agent sent a file to the visitor, the text that the visitor was typing would get erased. Now, the text is retained.
Thank you to our clients who reported these bugs to us!
5-Step Live Chat Checkup
For many, the new year signifies a time of new beginnings, bringing excitement, hope and a touch of anxiety. As we reflect on our personal and professional accomplishments (and shortcomings) and begin to set goals for the year ahead, it can be helpful to start with a little housekeeping.
Here are some helpful tips to get your 2016 live chat strategy off to a great start. Continue reading “Live Chat Checkup for the New Year”
We couldn’t have said it better ourselves.
As another year comes to a close, we’re grateful for all the success, growth and fond memories that we’ve experienced as a team alongside our clients and industry partners. Rather than deliver a sappy Auld Lang Syne message, we thought we’d sum up the year as noted by our beloved (and witty) clients.
Here’s a compilation of our favorite post-chat survey comments from 2015:
“This time of year we talk a lot of angels and glad tidings. But, Christian was my angel today.”
“Mia is a magical unicorn! She is the most wonderful customer support I have EVER had the pleasure of working with, and she deserves a raise, high fives, and many hugs! Thanks again Mia, you’re the best!”
“Dan is the beez knees.” Continue reading “Chat Comments: The Year in Review”
We hope everyone is having a wonderful December. Over the past week we’ve made the following changes:
- We were able to identify some issues with chat routing inconsistencies which would result in seeing some chats left in the ‘Notified’ status within the Dashboard. These issues have been fixed and there should be better consistency between the state of your chats and what is shown within the Dashboard
- Improved how we display blocks of code exchanged during the course of visitor and team chats.
- Improved the detection of team chat messages that contain @mention for mobile push notifications.
Why Your Customer Experience Strategy Needs to Include Live Chat
The competitive landscape across most industries today is characterized by flooded marketplaces that leads to increased buyer empowerment. As it becomes increasingly difficult to differentiate at the product and feature level, brands have turned to customer experience to create competitive advantages. In fact, research shows that 89% of companies plan to compete on the basis of customer experience next year.
Two basic fundamentals that consistently define a positive customer experience are speed and convenience. Live chat’s upward trend in adoption and usage, especially among millennials (see How Demographics Impact Live Chat), is a direct result of delivering on these two core needs among buyers.
Our friends at Software Advice, the customer experience reviews business, recently released the below infographic to further illustrate why brands should adopt live chat as part of their overall customer experience management strategy.
Continue reading “Customer Experience Management: Live Chat Infographic”
Christm-ify your live chat agent photos
Our team gets pretty amped up for the holidays. It’s a time for us to come together to celebrate the year, and also a great excuse for us to drink eggnog, exchange ridiculous gifts and wear ugly holiday sweaters and onesies (thanks to our favorite outfitters at Tipsy Elves).
This year, our dev team surprised us by adding Santa hats (and other seasonally-inspired accessories) to all of our agent photos, company-wide. The photos have been so well received by our website visitors, we thought we’d share a simple step-by-step guide on how to spread your own holiday cheer with customized live chat agent photos. Continue reading “Custom Live Chat Agent Photos”
A handful of small tweaks for this week:
- Fixed an issue where links posted in the Chat Portal would be improperly encoded
- Improved the handling of messages with line breaks being posted in the Chat Portal
Tipsy Elves Leverages Live Chat for Ugly Christmas Sweater Market
We talked to Evan Mendelsohn, co-founder of Tipsy Elves, about how live chat has measurably increased conversion opportunities and organizational efficiencies during their busy sales seasons.
For the founders of Tipsy Elves, the ugly Christmas sweater movement has generated more than just laughs. They have built a global business around tacky designs that serve as a nostalgic tribute to the fashion disasters of the 80’s. Their collection of award-winning ugly Christmas sweaters, retro ski suits, American flag apparel (and lots more) is meeting the growing demand for conversational throwback merchandise.
Continue reading “Case Study: Tipsy Elves”
We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and survived the Black Friday sales at their local mall!
Over the past week we’ve made the following changes:
- We’ve made some further optimizations to our chat routing and dashboard monitoring pages.
- Fixed an issue where the chatup conference banner in the Chat Portal would sometimes appear twice.
- Adjusted the Chat Portal alerts so now agents will be alerted to new chats when in the “Important” notification mode