This is a website owned by SnapEngage, LLC.
- Information Collected and How it’s Used.
- We also store encrypted 3rd party system credentials or API token so that you can either receive offline requests and chat transcripts by email or directly in your preferred Help Desk, CRM or Bug Tracker.
- Aggregate usage data. SnapEngage may collect data on all users, including data about their usage of the site and its various features, but it is de-identified except as described below under the IP Addresses section. We use this information to improve and enhance the Website.
- Mixpanel. SnapEngage uses Mixpanel to help analyze how our customers use the application. The tool uses “cookies” to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Mixpanel. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for us. We further use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site including your account information and email address. We will use this information in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Website. Mixpanel will not share your PII or associate your PII with any other data held by Mixpanel. You can opt out of Mixpanel tracking on this page: https://mixpanel.com/optout/
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you. However, in cases of suspected abuse or service problems, SnapEngage may use an IP address in conjunction with other personally identifiable information to enforce our Terms of Service and/or to protect or troubleshoot the Website, its users or others who may be affected.
- Lastly, we may collect and use personal information that is necessary for our legitimate interests, which will be disclosed to you at the time of collection. SnapEngage will use this information for the purposes of which it was collected.
- Storage and Disclosure of Your Information. By using the Website, you understand that your support requests and other activity are saved on our servers as a matter of operation. To the extent that your activity includes personally identifiable information, such information may be saved on our server(s) and may be disclosed to other users of the Website as determined by access permissions. We use Local Storage Objects, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. SnapEngage may disclose logs in legal proceedings in the same manner as other personally identifiable information. SnapEngage will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We may share personally identifiable information with third parties in the following cases:
- to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as without limitation our payment processor, marketing provider, hosting provider, support services providers. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- in cases of abusive behavior or suspected violations of the Terms Of Service of either the Website, we may share personal information, including IP address, with that service or third parties in order to investigate the violation and to take appropriate action;
- to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to prevent fraud or imminent harm, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- to any current or future corporate affiliates;
- to third party social media sites as set forth in this policy.
- in the event that SnapEngage is acquired by or merged with another company, SnapEngage will transfer information about you to that other company.
- to fulfill other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
- Security. The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, our policy is to encrypt the transmission of that information using Transport Layer Security technology (TLS). We follow generally accepted standards designed to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Please contact us if you have any questions about security on our Web site.
- Communications. You may have a right, in accordance with applicable laws, to access, update, correct, and in some cases requests deletion of the personal information that we hold about you. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. Any access request will be subject to the relevant fee, if any, to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with applicable laws. We may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, as required under applicable legal obligations, or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or access.If you have any comments or questions you may address them to our customer service department at email@example.com, by telephone at +1 (303) 647-9222 or via mail addressed to SnapEngage Customer Service, SnapEngage, LLC, at 1722 14th St., Suite 220, Boulder, CO 80302.If SnapEngage needs, or is required, to contact you concerning any event that involves information about you, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
- Retention of Information. SnapEngage retains your personal information:
- For so long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services, Website or to fulfill our contractual obligations;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; and
- For so long as is necessary for the purposes for which we collected such personal information.
- Public Areas. Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. To delete personal information from a previous chat, you must go to the website which it originated from and request for your information to be deleted from that site. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you want your testimonial removed please contact us. You should be aware that anything you post on a publicly accessible blog or community forum may be seen, copied, and stored by third parties, including other users or Website visitors.
- International Operations. SnapEngage is based, and this Website is hosted, in the United States of America. If you are from a country outside of the United States of America with laws governing data collection, use, and disclosure that may differ from U.S. law and you provide personal information to SnapEngage, please note that any personal information that you provide to SnapEngage may be transferred to the United States of America. By providing your personal information, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein or in any terms and conditions related to the use of and access to the Website.
- FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA AND SWITZERLAND ONLY. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, this Section 10 will apply to you.
Pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, EU and Swiss individuals have the right to obtain our confirmation of whether we maintain personal information relating to you in the United States. Upon request, we will provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may also may correct, amend, or delete the personal information we hold about you. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data transferred to the United States under Privacy Shield, should direct their query to email@example.com. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
We will provide an individual opt-out choice, or opt-in for sensitive data, before we share your data with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. To request to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
SnapEngage’s accountability for personal data that it receives in the United States under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, SnapEngage remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless SnapEngage proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, SnapEngage commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact SnapEngage at:
email@example.com or via mail addressed to:
ATTN: Customer Service Department
1722 14th Street, Suite 220
Boulder, CO 80302
SnapEngage has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction