After February 1, 2021 the wording of ‘Operator Variables’ will be changed to ‘Labels’ in the Email integration and associated chat transcripts.
If you have any automation or email filters relying on the Operator Variables section of the chat transcript sent to the email address configured in the Integrations tab, please make sure to update this to filter for “Labels” after this date.
Back in 2018, we introduced the Labels feature to easily categorize and disposition chats in the Hub. This new feature was built on the Operator Variables option which was consecutively phased out. While most of the references to Operator Variables have already been updated to Labels, this change still has to be completed in the email integration.
here are the last release notes of the year! The development team wishes everyone happy holidays and new year.
New Guide Bot Info Capture Options
We have added new data capture capabilities to the Guide Bot.
It now is also able to capture the following formatted and free-form information:
Using the Email prompt step type will prompt a text field to appear where the visitor can enter an email address. This will attach the email address to the chat or a label.
Using the Phone prompt step type will display a text field to the visitor so they can enter a phone number. This is captured and associated with the chat. The number will be validated as long as the visitor enters a number between 4 and 20 integers.
Using the Free text prompt step type allows website visitors to enter free text. This allows the visitor to respond freely to a prompt from the Guide Bot and supports all kinds of sales and customer service scenarios (such as leaving an offline message, inputting a question, etc).
New Guide Bot Templates
We have also added 2 new templates to help you get started with these new data collection types.
* Guide Bot & Answer Bot: Improved the UX for the offline message for the visitor. The input area is now hidden if the selected option is not available, so the visitor will not re-start the chat by mistake.
* Design Studio: It is now possible to add a link to your custom logo image.
This option can be found under Global Box Settings > Footer, and is available on Enterprise plans.
* We have added an agent mapping option to the Bot API. If you are using an integration that supports agent mapping, you can now map bot chats to a specific account in your integration.
* We have added the Analytics Bots and Labels section to the Permissions, so so a sub-admins access can be added or revoked
* Hub: Improved the recovery mechanism if the agent is on a flaky network, to avoid missed messages or chats.
* Design Studio: Resolved an issue where the high contrast pallets had some white on white text. Also resolved an issue where the Design Studio failed to save a setting to un-hide the online/offline chat button.
* Resolved an issue where the reactive prompt message was logged in the transcript for proactive chats.
* Resolved an issue where labels could be logged in the wrong widget, if an agent had two chats from two different widgets in their Hub at the same time.
Labels reporting enables analysis of how chats are labeled directly in your Analytics tab. It provides an overview of all Labels in tabular form, as well as a way to drill down into any individual Label to see the chats associated with that Label in particular.
Find out more about the Labels report here and read the documentation here!
Automatically label Guide Bot chats
You can now also automatically assign labels to Guide Bot chats to collect information and have more informed conversations before the chat even reaches a human. Chatbots can auto-assign Labels based on the options the visitor chooses to add further insights for reporting.
Label Columns in the CSV Logs Export
Additionally to the above, each label is now split out into its own separate column in the CSV Logs export for easier label data extraction.
The two methods can be implemented to automatically close the chat box for visitors once the chat ends.
* The integration API now accepts 201 and 202 response codes additionally to the 200 response code.
* Fixed an issue where the agent response was not visible to the visitor after a secure data transfer request.
* Fixed an issue where the bot ‘is typing’ notification appeared after the chat ended
* Fixed an issue where .txt files were not being permitted to be sent from the visitor to the agent.
* Fixed an issue where the Guide Bot offline auto-responder message did not show up on Facebook chats
* Fixed an issue where auto-translate messages did not show up for visitors on IE11
* Fixed an issue where exported CSV logs did not show the correct duration of some chats.
we have a lot of great updates to announce today, without further ado:
Visitor Identity Verification
Visitor Identity Verification is advanced security and identity protection for businesses who communicate with authenticated users (signed into an application, portal or other backend system).
Clients want to ensure that the person they are chatting with is, in fact, the same person who signed into their systems. Once implemented, this feature will provide a simple indicator to agents that the user identity has been verified. This gives agents confidence to discuss account details, order history or other information with the visitor.
We have added two new options to our auto-translate feature:
1) You can now enable the visitors to see the original untranslated message sent by the agent. There is a toggle to reveal/hide the feature in the new auto-translate banner on top of the chat. This option can be enabled in the auto-translate configuration in the Design Studio tab.
2) There is a new improved alert for the chat agent to notify them when the auto-translate option is engaged so they are aware and can stop the auto-translate in case of a false positive. This banner will automatically go away after 10 seconds:
Visitor Chat File Upload Improvements
You can now allow visitors to upload files without a prompt from an agent. When enabled your visitors will have a new menu option in the chat to select and upload their file, and see a preview of the file before sending it. Visitors can also copy&paste images directly into the input box. This is especially useful for support chats where your users are behind a login.
This setting can be enabled under the Options tab -> File Upload.
Answer Bot Search Query Analysis Report
We have added a Search Query Analysis report to the Answer Bot report. Here you can drill down to see which keywords have resulted chat agent requests to help you improve your knowledge base configuration.
– We have increased the time that chats in the queue will remain active from 60 to up to 120 minutes.
– We have fixed an issue where agent messages sometimes appeared out of order to the visitor, causing them to not see new incoming messages.
– Fixed an issue where visitors were not seeing percentages being sent by the agent.
– Fixed an issue where the end chat button did not close a chat after the 10 second counter.
– Fixed an issue where the agent didn’t see the first message from visitor when the chat went to the queue first.
– Fixed an issue where the first visitor response was missing for proactive chats intermittently.