our team has been working hard on updating our bot offering with some new and improved functionality. Please see this help article for more details, such as:
the new multi-step Guide Bot:
- Guide Bot users can chain together up to 100 logical steps to generate more visitor engagement with contextually appropriate messaging and guide customers to the right solution instantly.
- You can also use Guide Bot’s multi-step dialog to label incoming conversations. This reduces manual agent work and allows users to trigger automated workflows in integrated CRM or Help Desk systems.
- Enterprise users can even use Guide Bot to dynamically route chats to the most appropriate agents who specialize in specific skills using Agent Tags.
- It’s also possible to use Guide Bot to route incoming chats to additional bots for advanced customization and flexibility.
Other Bot Updates
- The new Guide Bot –
- now features a ‘Live Preview’ option to test the flow of the bot steps,
- includes a configurable offline message option similar to the Answer Bot,
- will not take up a chat agent seat anymore but a separate bot seat which can be added in your subscription page.
- The pre-chat prompt which can be configured in the Design Studio tab also includes the Guide Bot avatar and alias similar to the Proactive Chat functionality.
- The Chat Agents tab will show the enabled/disabled state of the configured bots in the overview.
- Adding bots now does not automatically add a Priority Tier anymore.
- The “Approval Bot” functionality was renamed to Approval Checker and removed from the Chat Agents tab bot overview. The functionality remains the same.
- Chat Routing: Transferred chats which are broadcasted to another widget, broadcasted from the bot or an agent to the same widget will now also trigger the auto-responder functionality if no agent responded in the predefined time frame.
- We have updated the automated ‘thank you for your message’ email to be sent from email@example.com to comply with DMARC regulations.
- Fixed an issue where the post-chat survey was not showing for API based bots.
- Fixed an issue where not-responded chats were not showing in the Analytics Wait Time report.
- Fixed an issue where CSV exports for sub-admins were not taking the correct comma or semicolon setting into account.