our team has been working hard on updating our bot offering with some new and improved functionality. Please see this help article for more details, such as:
the new multi-step Guide Bot:
- Guide Bot users can chain together up to 100 logical steps to generate more visitor engagement with contextually appropriate messaging and guide customers to the right solution instantly.
- You can also use Guide Bot’s multi-step dialog to label incoming conversations. This reduces manual agent work and allows users to trigger automated workflows in integrated CRM or Help Desk systems.
- Enterprise users can even use Guide Bot to dynamically route chats to the most appropriate agents who specialize in specific skills using Agent Tags.
- It’s also possible to use Guide Bot to route incoming chats to additional bots for advanced customization and flexibility.
Other Bot Updates
- The new Guide Bot –
- now features a ‘Live Preview’ option to test the flow of the bot steps,
- includes a configurable offline message option similar to the Answer Bot,
- will not take up a chat agent seat anymore but a separate bot seat which can be added in your subscription page.
- The pre-chat prompt which can be configured in the Design Studio tab also includes the Guide Bot avatar and alias similar to the Proactive Chat functionality.
- The Chat Agents tab will show the enabled/disabled state of the configured bots in the overview.
- Adding bots now does not automatically add a Priority Tier anymore.
- The “Approval Bot” functionality was renamed to Approval Checker and removed from the Chat Agents tab bot overview. The functionality remains the same.
- Chat Routing: Transferred chats which are broadcasted to another widget, broadcasted from the bot or an agent to the same widget will now also trigger the auto-responder functionality if no agent responded in the predefined time frame.
- We have updated the automated ‘thank you for your message’ email to be sent from email@example.com to comply with DMARC regulations.
- Fixed an issue where the post-chat survey was not showing for API based bots.
- Fixed an issue where not-responded chats were not showing in the Analytics Wait Time report.
- Fixed an issue where CSV exports for sub-admins were not taking the correct comma or semicolon setting into account.
here is an update what the development team has been working on in the last weeks:
- We have removed the limit of 10 concurrent chats per Bot – this applies for the Bot API, Answer Bot and Guide Bot as well.
Clients who configured multiple front line bots in the same tier to deal with a high surge in customer demand can now use just one bot instead.
- We have added a ‘context ID’ parameter to the Bot API options. The contextId can be useful when free text input is expected. In this case there is no buttonId to identify where in the process of a multi-step dialogue the visitor currently is, so a contextId comes in handy (you can find the documentation here)
- We have updated the Analytics Report > Visitor Environment -> Pages report to not cut off URLs at 80 characters anymore.
- We improved the UI of the Chat Agents tab > Add existing Agent option to better display the list of available agents.
- Hub: Fixed an issue where the Facebook page the visitor was chatting from did not appear in the ‘From URL’ field.
- Fixed an issue in the Analytics Report > Queue Time where chats form visitors that closed the chat while in the queue did not appear in the report.
- Fixed an issue where the admin dashboard would not load in Internet Explorer 11
- Fixed an issue where the Logs CSV export showed “chat responded” as false for responded chats, when data was deleted after it was sent to the destination
- Fixed an issue where the Admin Dashboard appeared to ‘flicker’ when a banner was showing while scrolling down.
- Visitor Chat:
- Fixed an issue when sending Secure Data Transfer before accepting the chat resulted in the visitor being unable to reply
- Fixed an issue where the minimize and close buttons were not clickable in the Edge Legacy browser
- Fixed an issue where messages with special characters like Kanji were not truncated properly
we have been overdue with an update of our recently released updates, changes and fixes we have worked on besides the recently announced Guide Bot (Beta) and HIPAA SMS features.
- Channels: We added an option to identify individual Facebook users in the CSV Logs export with their Facebook ID.
- Analytics: Added a percentage number to the Availability Report to see at a glance what % of time agents were in the Online VS Paused status.
- Hub: We have moved the “+ Start new Team Chat” option to the top of the left side team chat column so the option is easier to find for agents that have a lot of ongoing team chats already.
- Resolved a cross-site scripting issue on our signin page which was reported by Sohail Shaikhm, Certified Penetration Tester.
- Removed the ‘gmtDate’ and ‘localDate’ fields from Analytics -> Agent Performance -> Response -> Agent report export.
- Availability report: Fixed an issue where the online hours in range was showing 0
- Resolved an issue where a message typed but not sent in one chat was visible in the next chat when switching between the two using keyboard shortcuts.
- Applied a number of improvements to the loading time of Hub for agents configured on a high (100+) number of widgets
- Resolved an issue where Hub showed the home screen when clicking on the ‘load more chats’ button in the sidebar.
- Resolved an issue with Hub not loading on IE11
- Visitor Chat:
- Fixed an ‘unexpected token’ error when a single quote mark was used in the pre-chat greeting message.
Here are the latest changes that applied to the system in the last weeks:
- A new CSV export of all agents and sub-admins: An account owner now has the option to download a “Full User Report” of all users across all widgets as a CSV file in the My Account > My Info section.
- Admin Dashboard:
- Proactive Chat: We have improved the UI for the proactive configuration modal in preparation for an upcoming feature release. Stay tuned for updates!
- We have increased the audit log events for changes to the Design Studio tab to include the selection of a different design.
- We have updated and improved the UI of the subscription and payment page.
- Bot API:
- Improved the performance of the initial message query to the bot to speed up the first bot response.
- Chat Box:
- Moved the call-me button to the input menu (This option was temporarily in the old position at the bottom of the box outside of the menu).
- Improved the login speed for accounts set up on a very high number of widgets.
- Fixed an issue where the system did not immediately register when an agent logged out of the Hub. The “logout” option will now log the agent out of all Hub sessions they were logged in to, across windows and tabs.
- To avoid missing visitor chat messages we have improved the syncing behaviour of Hub when an agent intermittently loses their connection.
- Also improved the team chat message syncing.
- Fixed an issue where agent links were not resolved correctly in the right side column.
- Fixed the infinite scroll on team chats.
- Fixed an UI issue with the Knowledge Base search box and file upload request modal.
- Fixed an UI issue with the Survey Score modal.
- Microsoft Dynamics integration: Fixed an issue where the ‘Topic’ field in Dynamics was not updated by the custom data mapping selection
- Proactive Chat: Improved the admin dashboard performance when a high number of proactive chat rules are configured
- Auto Translate: Fixed an issue where auto-translated messages were missing for a transferred chat.
- Fixed Agent Performance – Transfers Report – drill down by agent not displaying chats.
- Fixed two issues with Visitor Experience – Queue Report:
Chats in Queue vs Total Count report drill down showing the wrong selection of chats.
(Notice: The Hourly Average Time in Queue and Visitor Queue Time Binned Report are currently not yet updated and remain to be fixed.)
Queue report graph was showing the queued chats outside the top of the report.
Here’s what the development team has been working on in the last couple of weeks:
Bot API Public Beta
We have now made the Bot API Beta available for Professional and Enterprise plans.
The SnapEngage Bot API allows developers to create your own chat bot or build a connection with 3rd party bot providers. Through the API a bot agent can take chats just as a human agent can and perform operations such as sending messages and issuing various commands such as transfers, bans and /goto redirect.
A developer documentation can be found here.
- Visitor Chat: Agents can now copy the chat transcript into the clipboard, along with some additional case information.The option is available in the chat actions during the chat, as well as after the chat:
- Team Chat: We added a ‘Starred’ chat option so you can pin your most important team chats to the top.
- We have updated the Hub color scheme to improve the readability.
- Home Screen: We removed the banner ads and moved the latest news to the front.
Design Studio Mobile Buttons
We have added a feature to add additional mobile buttons to the Design Studio -> Online/Offline Button settings. You can now configure individual button style, type, position settings for desktop and mobile to match your mobile optimised layout:
- We have added additional Audit Logs for the Design Studio selection in the Style tab.
- We have disabled the possibility to allow adding agent and admin accounts to different organisations to increase general account level security.
- Proactive chat: Fixed an issue where certain rule types like language or time of day were being ignored.
- Visitor chat:
- Fixed an issue causing problems with the ‘is typing’ notification
- Fixed issues with sending messages when visitor used Japanese IME Keyboard on Chrome
- Fixed some issues with the UI of the new left sidebar
- Fixed display problems of the agent avatars in the IE11 browser.
- Fixed an issue where invalid email addresses like bob@example..com were misidentified as valid email addresses
- Fixed messages in team chat not syncing after computer goes to sleep
- Auto Translate:
- Fixed an issue where the translations were lost after a transfer
- Fixed missing time stamps on auto translated messages.
- Analytics: Fixed analytics filter column not working on IE11
Here’s what the development team has been working on in the last couple of weeks:
As part of an ongoing effort to improve our analytics offering, the Overview, Agent Performance Response Time and Duration reports and weekly stats emails are now based on a more accurately calculated “Event” based data set.
- This improvement is resolving an issue where some responded chats were incorrectly categorized as not responded chats in the reports.
- We have also improved the previously restricted drill-downs for these reports, so they will return the correct results for larger data sets. Previously the drill-downs were restricted to 100 cases.
- The weekly stats emails layout and dataset have been updated to reflect the Overview Report online/offline/responded split.
Please note: The new version of analytics relies on a new way of tracking event data. The data set supporting the new version of analytics only reaches back to 01/2018. If you want to look at older historical data before 2018 you can add the parameter ?old to the analytics URL. The new version of the report should not be run on data prior to 01/2018 because the data needed to drive the new report does not exist for that time period. You cannot compare “old” reports to “new reports” for this timeframe (the new report simply doesn’t have data for that period).
New Hub Sidebar
We have released the new improved left sidebar in Hub. Improvements include:
- Visitor and Team chats are now combined to one view, to make switching between the two sections easier.
- The background color has been updated to highlight the actual chat transcript column more.
- The recent chat and team chat sections can be collapsed so agents can better focus on the live ongoing chats
- Fixed an issue where Secure Data Transfer data was not removed from Hub immediately after the chat ended and moved to the Recent section.
- Fixed an issue where the chat history was not accessible in the chat transcript column.
- Visitor Chat
- Fixed an issue where proactive chat messages got duplicated in the transcript.
- Improved the UI of the visitor email transcript function
- Improved the UI of the post-chat survey feature
- Design Studio
- We have added a ‘secondary button’ option to the Chat Box settings to make previously not configurable button colors configurable.
- Chat Logs
- We now show the chat history of visitors from Facebook or SMS in the chat cases.
Today we have a great update for our recently released Visitor Email Transcript Request option.
Using the new “End chat delay” option in the Integrations settings, your visitors can now request the email transcript for a short configurable time following the end of the chat. This feature is particularly useful to convert unknown visitors and gather their email address.
(Please note that the chat still counts as closed for the agent, so it will not occupy a chat slot or increase the chat duration in the analytics.)
- Once enabled, the email transcript option will be offered below the chat transcript, and if applicable, above the survey option.
- If the visitor requested a chat transcript already during the chat, this form will not appear.
- If your configuration is set to only send the chat transcript to the destination when the visitor email address is valid, entering the email will also trigger sending the case to your integration.
- The email address the visitor entered is now included in the CSV export option, custom data mapping option and logs API.
- Bot API: We are now no longer sending system messages to the bot (reloading or browsing on the page, transfer system messages, etc) so the bot does not mistakenly try to respond to messages not sent by the visitor.
- The chat transcript in the Logs section now includes the widget name as an additional field below the agent survey section.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in a ‘Something unexpected happened’ error on Internet Explorer and Edge.
- Fixed an auto-pause sound notification issue.
- Fixed an issue where the number of ongoing chats of other agents did not show up in the transfer menu.
- Fixed an issue where some chat messages were removed from the input box before being sent when trying to copy&paste.
- Visitor Chat: Fixed an issue where the ‘Please wait…’ system message was not showing to the visitor before connecting to an agent.
- Admin Dashboard:
- Fixed an issue where saving the proactive chat configuration page with a lot of rules showed an error.
- Fixed an issue where the Save button sometimes did not show up in the admin dashboard.
We have some nice improvements to announce today:
Visitor email transcript request
We have added a much-requested feature to the visitor chatbox: Visitors can request their email transcript, so chat agents do not have to manually forward those to the visitor anymore. You can read more about this option here.
A shortly upcoming improvement to this option is an option for the visitor to request the transcript for a brief time after the chat has ended. This feature will be available in conjunction with the other improvement:
Survey grace period
This option allows the closing of the case to be delayed by a few minutes (1 to 10) for the visitors to fill in the survey, so it can also be sent along with the integration, transcript email or integration API. You can read how to set up this feature here.
- Fixed an issue when the transcript still recorded the location after setting the option to not store it.
- Bot API:
- Fixed an issue where the bot responded to a system transfer message
- Updated the API code template linked in the help article to take care of some system response issues. If you are interested in using the Bot API Beta, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor Chat:
- Fixed an issue where the agent avatar did not update on transfer.
- Fixed an issue where the text button disappeared after ending the chat in IE11
- Fixed some issues causing a ‘something unexpected’ error to appear.
- Improved syncing the Hub after the chat to automatically display unread team chat messages.
- Fixed an issue causing agents to be logged out when labeling a chat.
- Fixed an issue where the Knowledge Base option disappeared when switching the widget during the chat.
- Chat Routing: We have increased the inactivity timeout for chats going to the queue to a default of 30 minutes.
- Visitor Chat: We have improved the ‘agent is typing…’ display in the chat box to make this more obvious to the visitor
We have made some general improvements around the backend chat engine over the last few weeks. These changes should greatly improve chat routing stability: I.e. issues reported where some live chats appeared stuck in the dashboard, closed chats stuck in the live chats section in Hub, chats timing out too early, some chats getting stuck in the queue. Please let us know if you still experience issues in this area.
- SMS to Chat: Fixed an issue with file transfer not working.
- Hub: Fixed some assorted issues causing an error ‘Something went wrong‘ in the Hub.
– Fixed preview for Gif images in the team chat.
– Fixed an issue where the email entered by the visitor was not automatically updating the contact in Hub
– Fixed an issue where the widget switcher list was not scrollable when seeing a very long number of widgets
- Case Logs: Fixed an issue showing unexpected characters in the visitor URL
– Fixed an issue where the first visitor message was missing in not responded chats.
- Visitor Chat: Fixed an issue causing the title of the page changing to Undefined.
– Improved handling of connectivity issues when the visitor’s internet connection is interrupted.
– Improved the behavior of the chat box on iOS Safari.
- Admin Dashboard: Fixed an issue where a comma in the widget name broke the live chats dashboard