Have you ever wished you could change the maximum amount of chats that each agent can handle? Especially when you have a new agent who is still learning the ropes? Or when you have a rock star agent that easily handles several chats simultaneously?
From now on, you can setup the maximum number of web visitor chats each agent can handle on an individual basis. We’ve done away with a blanket setting that must be applied to all agents on the widget. Just go to your Admin Dashboard, then click Agent Settings and select the agent you’d like to edit. Click on ‘Edit’ and you will see our new setting at the bottom, which reads: “Maximum number of visitor chats”.
You can use the dropdown menu to select the maximum amount of chats that this agent will handle concurrently. Don’t forget to save!
Now your entire agent team can benefit from a maximum chat count that is tailored to each agent’s specific skill-level, allotted chat time, and more. We generally recommend taking no more than three chats at once in order to provide stellar customer service, but we realize that every team is unique and what matters most is what works best for you!
Please let us know if you have any questions about this new setting.
We have a few updates for today:
- Proactive Chat upgrade message will appear only in case it is the old Proactive Chat Rules.
- Fixed Dropdown alignement problem.
On the ‘Options’ page, we moved the “Enable Chat Portal Agents to transfer chats between widgets” checkbox to the ‘Agent Settings -> Chat Assignment’ page. Along with this move we renamed “Enable Chat Portal Agents to transfer chats between widgets” to “Enable chats to be transferred from other widgets to this widget” to better describe it’s functionality. Along with this, we added a new option, “Enable chat transfers between agents”. If this option is checked, then an agent will be able to transfer a chat to another agent from within the Chat Portal.
We’ve listened to your feedback and today we are happy to announce a simplified Timezone selection user interface, here are a few highlights:
- A simplified list of timezones in My Info, showing the +/- UTC offsets
- Hours of Operation for Chat and Calls uses the same list. Default uses your My Info timezone, but this can be easily changed
- Auto-detection of timezone on account signup
Enjoy! And keep the feedback commin’ 😀
We are decoding the email address sent to various integrations: Zendesk, Salesforce and Desk.com. For example: test’email@example.com will be considered as a valid email.
Happy chatting day!
For today we’ve addressed an issue where the chat transcript area in the Chat Portal wouldn’t always resized itself properly.
Happy Friday Everyone,
For today we’ve included a couple of fixes for the following items:
1. The agent mapping could fail to work if the agent name had a set of parentheses in it.
2. The correct integration was not always used when a chat was transferred directly to an agent on another widget.
Today we fixed a few Free Trial account issues:
- Data was not being sent to our analytics system for new Free Trial accounts that signed up in the past 24 hours
- New Free Trial signups were directed to the previous version of our Settings UI on first login
Hello from bright and snowy Boulder!
We have made a couple of snazzy UI changes to the post-chat agent survey that your visitors see after a chat has been ended or timed out. (To offer your visitors the post-chat agent survey, please make sure you have enabled this feature in your dashboard by going to Settings -> Options -> Agent Survey).
- The survey now appears directly beneath the chat transcript after a chat has been ended or timed out. This allows the visitor to scroll up and view the chat transcript after their chat has ended.
- We’ve also added some animations: The visitor’s chat box will autoscroll down to view the whole survey. When the visitor clicks to “Submit” or “Cancel” the survey, the survey will fade out and the chatbox will stay open for the visitor to view the transcript.
We hope you and your visitors find these changes useful. If you happen to be chatting with us, please tell us what you think!